Tuesday, February 16, 2010

After such a hard winter, yesterday seemed to me like the beginning of spring. There was a little frost, but I soon started to shed layers of clothing as the day warmed up. The question now is where do I start? There is a lot of general tidying up to do, huge gaps to fill, seeds to sow hedges to cut…. The list goes on. What I need is a plan.
So, I have made a plan of the vegetable garden and at least know where everything will fit in. I have to do the same thing for the flower borders as we will have to completely rethink them after the winter. I have lots of ideas mulling around in my head and the most interesting one for me at the moment is to mix things up a bit more.
I’m going to try to grow more flowers and herbs in the vegetable plots and herbs and vegetables in the borders.
The things I have in mind are lots of purple sage, ruby chard and Redbor kale amongst the flowers and wigwams of Blauhilde French beans amongst the sweetpeas.
But the sun is streaming through the window and it’s too good a day to miss. So I’m off outside to get started.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jean,

    Congrats on starting your journal!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete